Meade Instruments are another recognised brand name in astronomy. Meade telescopes have proved as popular with astronomers as many other makes.
Meade Telescopes: ETX-80AT-TC 3.1″f/5 go-to refractor
- Experience astronomy on the go with the ideal, ultra-portable telescope complete with travel backpack
- Multi-coated 80mm optical design offers maximum light gathering ability for detailed views of both land and sky
- GoTo AudioStar computerised controller and audio, with 30,000 object database and easy alignment process
- Includes 2 x 1.25" Super Plossl eyepieces (9.7mm and 26mm) for viewing a wide range of objects (moon, planets, stars, galaxies, deep space objects)
- Removable ETX80 Observer Acromat Refractor;GoTo Fork Mount with AudioStar Controller
If you don’t know how to read star charts, that’s okay with the Meade – ETX-80AT-TC 3.1″ f/5 go-to refractor. This telescope does all the work for you. The first time you use it you will be prompted to key in some information via the hand held controller for the battery-operated AutoStar computer. Unless you use the telescope from a different location the next time, you will not have to enter the information again. To begin observing, simply set up your telescope on the pre-assembled adjustable tripod that has a convenient storage tray attached to one of the legs. Place the included bubble level compass into the eyepiece hole and level it facing north. After the AutoStar has successfully located two stars, you are ready to go.
You can scroll through the pre-programmed controller and decide what you want to see most: the rings of Saturn, the moons of Mercury or Venus, or the earth’s moon. You can choose from the 1471 objects pre-programmed into the AutoStar for best viewing. You can also manually maneuver the scope to view something of your own choice. Whatever you choose you will not be disappointed with the clarity and ease of use of the ETX – 80AT.
Two eyepieces are included, 41x and 15x, and a built in Barlow to double the eyepiece power with the flip of the switch. You can easily view either terrestrial or celestial objects with this telescope by simply switching the eyepieces. For the beginner, or novice, it is easier to learn how to focus during the day before trying it out at night.
However you choose to use the Meade ETX-80AT, you will not be disappointed. There is an instructional CD included to help you along the way, and a convenient backpack case for ease of maneuverability. With an already highly competitive price, you may wish to add to the included accessories to increase your enjoyment as your abilities improve.
- Fits cell phones with max Dimensions of 3.25”(82.5mm) width, 0.5”(12.7mm) thickness and of any height as the bracket is open-ended.
- Fits Most popular cell phones including: iPhone 6 and 6 plus, iPhone 7 and 7 plus, iPhone SE, Samsung Galaxy note 7, Samsung Galaxy 7, Samsung Galaxy 7 Edge
- Also fits eyepieces with an external barrel diameter of 1.3-inch (33mm) or less. Removal of eyecup is recommended if possible but not required.
- Fits cell phones with max Dimensions of 3.25 (82.5mm) width, 0.5 (12.7mm) thickness and of any height as the bracket is open-ended.
- Displays video, still photos and menus from the telescope camera
- Plugs directly into the built in camera on the Meade LS-6 and LS-8 LightSwitch telescopes
- Includes mounting bracket, connector cord and battery pack
- Viewfinder type: flexible LCD
- Altazimuth mount with slow motion control rod for smooth tracking of objects across the night sky
- Bonus Autostar Suite Astronomy planetarium DVD with over 10,000 celestial objects (Windows PC only)
Meade Telescopes: DS-2080AT-LNT 3.1″ go-to refractor
Astronomy is one of the most fun and exciting hobbies you can enjoy alone or share with others. One of the best telescopes to use is the Meade – DS-2080AT-LNT 3.1″ go-to refractor. The price of it is very affordable and based on reviews from other customers who’ve purchased descriptions of it from prominent astrology magazines it is highly recommended. Whether your interests lie in searching for stars on a beautiful clear night or looking to see the alignment of the planets in the Solar System, the Meade – DS-2080AT-LNT 3.1″ go-to refractor is equipped to provide cutting edge images every time you look through it.
The immediate benefit is being able to adjust the tripod your telescope to fully enjoy observing without having to stand uncomfortably. The eyepieces allow you to zoom in on your target and get closer views or pull back to get wider views of everything you are examining. The knobs on your telescope are easy to grip and adjust with every turn. There is also a DVD when you purchase this telescope that helps you set it up and there is software that can be used on days that the skies are too cloudy to use your telescope that allows you to get ideas on your computer on what to look for the next time you are doing exploring.
Another wonderful feature that you’ll appreciate with the Meade telescopes is being able to see most of the major planets. The photos you are able to take are of high definition quality and all you need to do is align the red star with the image you want to take and you have your picture. You can order it online on a secure website and have it shipped to you within the same day you are ordered with a one year warranty guarantee. There will be an informed representative who can answer any questions you’ll have and provide additional on the features you’ll enjoy. Whether you are new at astrology or very experienced, the Meade – DS-2080AT-LNT 3.1″ go-to refractor offers the opportunity to enjoy observing the night skies and learning more about the solar system every chance you get.
Last update on 2022-05-23 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API